I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I didn’t even know about this but it’s a great way to get to know other bloggers, connect with them and form new friendships 🙂
First of all, thank you to Whit Reads Lit
for nominating me! I look forward to answering your questions 😀
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and ask them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
1. What is the genre that you gravitate to the most?
I think that would be women’s fiction. Any story where a woman’s story is told by a woman, and if that story is from the perspective of a person of color then I’m even more drawn to it.
2. How do you decide what to write your blog posts about?
I like to write about the books I’m reading, I also love to watch movies so I’ve written posts where I compare and contrast books and their respective film adaptations. So basically I read and then write about what I’m reading. There’s not that much planning that goes into my blog posts (for now) XD.
3. Where do you purchase the majority of your books?
Thrift stores! They are the best because you never know what you’ll find, and most of the time the books will be super cheap.
4. E-reader or physical books?
Physical books for sure, even though I’m not opposed to reading e-books, I enjoy it much more when it’s a physical book.
5. Who is your favorite literary couple?
Literary couple… hmmm… Molly and Arthur Weasley! They are so supportive of each other, loving, respectful, and they are each their own person while keeping their family all together. Love them!
6. Who is the author you have read the most books from?
According to Goodreads, they stand as follows:
That’s no real surprise! I love Atwood and I read everything that Rowling writes. I’d say they might be my favorite authors too, in no particular order (but Atwood at the top XD)
7. What color dominates your bookshelves?
Apparently black or brown? Here are my shelves organized by color:
8. Do you like to borrow or own your books? (library or purchase?)
I prefer to own my books because usually I’ll be writing in them, which might be frowned upon if I have to give it back to someone or a library XD
9. Do you ever write in your books?
Yes! I love to annotate my books, I use colored markers and lately I’ve been using Washi tape to aid in my annotations as well (the book looks so good when closed too!)
10. If you could meet any author and have lunch, who would you choose?
Margaret Atwood, I feel like I have so much to learn from her, she’s also incredibly funny and I think we’d have a great time!
11. What is your favorite part about blogging?
Connecting with other bloggers, I’m still new to this blogging world so I’m sure that I have many great people to discover. Let me know who I should be following down in the comments!
Here are my nominees!
And these are your questions!
1. What are some keywords in a book synopsis that make you want to read a book?
2. What was the first book you remember reading? (Either by yourself or that someone else read to you)
3. Many decades from now, you are old and have a huge library, you’ve written your will. What happens to your library once your will has to be implemented? (AKA, what happens to your books after you die?)
4. Which character from a book is most like you? How so?
5. Quick! Create a team from the main characters of 5 books in your library to battle alongside you in the zombie apocalypse! What would be their roles?
6. Who is an author that inspires you?
7. The last person you sent a text message to is trapped in the last book you read! Which book is it? What do you do next? How do they react?
8. Take your favorite author, they have just released a book in the genre you read the least, do you read the book?
9. How many books have you bought this year?
10. How long have you been book blogging? What’s the best advice you’ve gotten about blogging?
11. Do you have any bookish goals for the rest of the year?
Whitney, thank you so much for the nomination! It took me a while to do it but here it is, finally!
Thanks for reading!